Dive into the world of social media, a treasure trove of clues waiting to be uncovered by sharp OSINT investigators like you. Beyond the posts, pictures, and videos, there's a wealth of hidden data ripe for discovery. Uncover the connections between individuals, their favorite movies, their food preferences, and the wide array of ideas and content they share. These pieces of the puzzle can be the very keys you need to crack your cases wide open.
Let Griffin Glynn and Micah Hoffman be your guides in this engaging course. They'll show you the ins and outs of sifting through social media platforms, finding and using data that others might overlook. You'll learn not just to look, but to see—how to hop from one profile to another, how to stay safe while doing it, and how to utilize the best resources out there. Get ready to transform the way you interact with social media data, turning every like, share, and connection into a step towards solving your investigation.
Key learning objectives:
- Understand the value of social media data.
- Understand how to stay safer when accessing social media data.
- Understand what general OSINT techniques should be used when visiting social media platforms.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Pinpoint the critical moments in your investigations where social media resources can provide essential insights.
- Master the art of scrutinizing a social media profile to gather intelligence.
- Execute social media investigations with the desired level of safety, ensuring your digital footprint is secure.
- Conduct thorough research both within social media platforms and through external sources.
Earn 1 CPE/CEU for completing this course.
Micah Hoffman and Griffin Glynn authored and teach the course.
This course consists of online videos accessible from mobile app and/or web browser. Lecture, demonstration, and hands-on exercises.
A course completion certificate is automatically provided to students finishing this course.
To successfully complete this course, you must have access to the internet and a modern web browser.
Related courses include Sock Puppets, People Searching, Facebook - How to search without an account, and TikTok - The Basics. Please visit the Course Tracks Page and navigate to the "Social Media Track 1" section for our growing list of social media OSINT courses.