TikTok is huge and it's not just for the younger crowd – everyone's on it. That's why you can't overlook it when you're digging around online. You'd be surprised at how much you can find out about profiles, videos, hashtags, and even the tunes in the videos, and you don't always have to be on TikTok to do it.
New to this? No worries. This course starts with the basics and guides you through finding all the stuff you're curious about on TikTok.
❗ You must have an active TikTok user account if you want to use some of the techniques in this course. Don't have one? Check out our Creating and Using Sock Puppets course to learn how!
Key learning objectives:
- Understand how to find data that is hosted on TikTok.
- Understand the different places within TikTok where you can extract meaningful data.
At the end of the course, you will have:
- Learn the basics of what TikTok is and how it is used.
- How to search for profiles, videos, hashtags and music on TikTok.
- How to find interesting information about videos and profiles.
- How to enlarge TikTok profile pictures without a third party.
Earn 1 CPE/CEU for completing this course.
Lisette Abercrombie authored and teaches the course.
This course consists of online videos accessible from mobile app and/or web browser. Lecture, demonstration, and hands-on exercises.
This course is included in the All OSINT Course bundles.
A course completion certificate is automatically provided to students finishing this course.
To successfully complete this course, you must have access to the internet, a user account on TikTok, and a modern web browser.
Related course is Introduction to Social Media.