We see website and email domains virtually every day. And in our investigations, you are going to run across them and need to understand how they connect to each other, how to access data that tells you how the domain is being used, and what IP addresses are tied to that domain. And since domains are literally part of email addresses, each time you discover a new email, you may also need to research the domain associated with it.
This course is heavy in technical detail that is easy to understand. Micah Hoffman and Griffin Glynn break down complex domain-related topics into pieces that everyone can follow.
Key learning objectives:
- Understand the relationship between domains and IP addresses.
- Understand how domains and IP addresses are used on the internet.
- Be able to effectively research a domain or IP address.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Analyze a domain.
- Determine ownership of a domain.
- Examine how a domain might be used using Domain Name System (DNS) records.
- How to investigate IP addresses.
Earn 3 CPE/CEU for completing this course.
Micah Hoffman and Griffin Glynn authored and teach the course.
This course consists of online videos accessible from mobile app and/or web browser. Lecture, demonstration, and hands-on exercises.
A course completion certificate is automatically provided to students finishing this course.
To successfully complete this course, you must have access to the internet and a modern web browser.