Many of us in OSINT are asked career questions like "Are there really careers in OSINT?" and "What fields use OSINT skills?" Griffin and I thought the best way for you to understand what is out there in the professional world and how to get there is to hear from those people actually doing that work!
This course is meant to expose you to people that use OSINT skills in their professional work. Whether you are just entering the workforce and looking at exciting careers in OSINT, looking to change careers, or just to expose yourself to how others in the world use OSINT skills, these interviews should help give you the perspectives you need.
What did we ask?
Griffin and Micah asked people the following questions:
- Who are you?
- In general, how do people in your profession use OSINT in their work?
- How did you develop the OSINT expertise and skills you have today?
- Can you tell us a real-life story of a time you or someone in your profession used their OSINT skills in their work?
- If someone in the OSINT community is interested in pursuing a career like yours, where would you direct them or what could they do to get started?
Key learning objectives:
- Understand what how people use OSINT skills in a variety of professions
- Become exposed to the diversity of backgrounds, talents, and skills that people in the OSINT profession possess and use in their work.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Have a better understanding of some people that work in the OSINT world.
- Know some professions where OSINT skills are used.
- Understand methods of "breaking into" the professional OSINT world.
- Have resources to use to make your OSINT work dreams come true!
This course consists of online videos accessible from mobile app and/or web browser.
A course completion certificate is automatically provided to students finishing this course.
To successfully complete this course, you must have access to the internet and a modern web browser.
Related courses include Introduction to OSINT.