Many of us that have worked cases or investigations can attest that the more organized you are before the case starts, the more effective you will be during the case. The Obsidian writing app has the potential to help you through all stages of your work from note-taking and process building to keeping track of case notes to final reporting.
In this course, Micah Hoffman shows you how to install, configure, and use the Obsidian writing app in your OSINT work. He reveals techniques to create mind maps, flowcharts, plot geolocated points, and create advanced tables within the tool. All of the above is taught with an eye towards the person working in an OSINT field or cyber security reconnaissance.
At the end of this course, you will have the skills and many, many ideas for how to implement Obsidian in your work.
Key learning objectives:
- Learn how to install and configure Obsidian.
- Become familiar with navigation and features of Obsidian.
- Understand how to use Obsidian to track case notes, penetration test targets, track task and project status, or just take notes in meetings.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Be able to install and configure the Obsidian app
- Understand the core concepts of Obsidian notes and how they relate to other notes
- Create meaningful connections in your writing
- Produce flowcharts, mind maps, and other visual elements from with Obsidian
- Understand how to use "markdown" to format text
Earn 3 CPE/CEUs for completing this course.
Micah Hoffman authored and teaches the course.
This course consists of online videos accessible from mobile app and/or web browser. Lecture, demonstration, and hands-on exercises.
This course is included in the All OSINT Course bundle.
A course completion certificate is automatically provided to students finishing this course.
To successfully complete this course, you must have access to the internet and a modern web browser. To follow along with the lessons and try the exercises, downloading and installing Obsidian from https://obsidian.md/ is required.